The competence of the teaching staff is a key factor in achieving quality education. Teach Like a Finn! is a certificate programme for teachers’ professional development. The focus is on the ‘how’ of teaching; the training gives practical tools and guides the teachers to use evidence-based strategies in their craft of teaching immediately. The key in all our trainings is the interactive atmosphere, where ideas are shared from teacher to teacher with a hands-on approach.
The programme is divided into two pathways: Early Childhood Education (ECE) and Primary and Secondary Education (PSE). Both pathways comprise a number of core modules and variety of specified modules. You may choose as many modules as you wish to suit your development needs.
We provide both direct training by a Finnish teacher trainer as well as train-the-trainer programme for local teachers to become TLF trainers. The train-the-trainer training makes the programme highly scalable and cost-effective. All our trainings can be organized onsite or online.
- Increase teachers’ pedagogical and methodological skills and understanding
- Increase joy of teaching and learning
- Increase the skills in effective planning
- Improve teachers’ classroom management skills
- Increase students’ activity and collaboration in the classroom
- Improve students’ learning outcomes and life skills
Ever rising expectations for schools and schooling require strong pedagogical leadership. Effective school leadership is increasingly viewed as central to change management and to improved educational outcomes. Lead Like a Finn! training is a pedagogical leadership program to ensure quality of education.
Training consists of a set of workshops with practical approach giving each participant the opportunity to develop own leadership and school in dialogue with the trainer. You may order the LLF! -trainings as a package or choose the specified workshops to suit exactly your development needs. The workshops can be organised either remotely or face-to-face.
- Understanding of aspects that effect on the quality of education and a toolkit to start with
- Know-how of concrete ways to develop the school culture and learning community
- Know-how of the use of shared leadership model
- Understanding of the meaning of wellbeing of the staff and a toolkit to start with